Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hair Obsession du Jour and What Jill Wore Yesterday

Last week I saw a fantastic movie called Beginners with Ewan McGregor, Christopher Plummer and an adorable French actress named Mélanie Laurent. You may remember her from Inglorious Bastards. Anyway, I became obsessed with her French girl messy hair look throughout the movie and am determined to get her look. Throughout the film, she wore a bun, a side braid, dark roots, you name it! Definitely need to skip a few shampoos to achieve!

She's sooooo pretty!

Side swoop with the sexy Ewan

Messy Bun (après un rendez-vous avec Ewan)

Perfection chez Alexander Wang

Classic Brigitte Bardot

Nouveau Knot

LOVE LOVE LOVE


Trying to work the side braid. Needed the hat since my head is so small!
(literally, my head is as small as my 9 year old son's) BTW, I am wearing the J. Brand rosy twill pants with an Alexander Wang cotton pullover, Clare Vivier Tropezienne Bag, Minnetonka Hat and my good ol K. Jacques. Turquoise necklaces are from 20 years ago.

Added Blog Bonus...What I Wore Yesterday

Golden Goose Polka Dot Blouse, Current Elliott Star Shorts, Vintage Studded Belt, Ancient K. Jacques that need to be replaced and of course...

My beloved Seaton Cashmere Seahorse Cardigan because it's June and I need a sweater.
WTF? I need sunshine NOW!!!

6 comments:

  1. I fell in love with Melanie in Inglorious bastards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are BEAUTIFUL - just as you are, real hair & all....
    xoxo Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE. Her hair is so great. Wish MY hair would cooperate with the trend.

    BTW...The navy cardigan is the BEST all year round sweater that goes with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the look with the dusty rose pants, pullover + Side braid combo--FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these hairstyles- I wish my hair was long enough to do them! And your outfit is so great! Following you!

    stylebymj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. are you in the Hamptons ?

    ReplyDelete