Saturday, August 20, 2011

C A P R I

Buon Giorno Capri!

I've been dreaming of this little island my entire life and I finally convinced Freeman that we NEEDED to go this Summer. Needless to say, we had planned to stay 4 days and ended up there for an entire week. We could have stayed longer! The photo above is the first thing you see as you step off the funicular.



These guys greeted us at our charming hotel The Capri Tiberio Palace



Cool rug

The Jackie Bar inside...

And out...


Freeman sporting his very "Caprese" Purple Pants lounging in the lobby. I love how coordinated he is with the decor.

I swear, once he got into the groove, there was no stopping him!


View from our amazing room.

Color everywhere!



On our way down to a rocky beach for lunch. I was told, DO NOT GO TO THE LEFT when you get to the bottom which is where I am pointing.

You must stay to the right and experience La Fontelina.


We loved it here so much we came 3 days in a row!!!

"The water is amazing. C'mon on in JR."
I took the plunge and loved it!

We drank pitchers of the famous White Sangria before lunch.


Freeman got really good at chillin Italian style.

Me too!


My kind of lunch.


Clearly Sangria, sunshine, Rosé and lots of cheese makes us happy campers (campers...oh no, don't mention the kids, you're ruining my vibe.)


And now for a little fashion at La Fontelina.

Super chic young beauty.


LOVED her romper, her tan, her hair, her everything!

She really didn't want to be photographed but I just had to!

Our last lunch on the rocks...



Oh, but there's always cocktails at Il Gran Caffé in La Piazza.

The Perfect Cosmo in such a pretty glass.


Spying on the Ragazzi at night is so much fun. Her gladiators are the bomb!


Time for a little boat ride with some friends...


We ended up here for a swim before lunch...



This was our favorite meal of the whole trip. The restaurant is called La Conca del Sogno and run by a fiery little lady named Anna.


My new favorite drink: Sgroppino (Prosecco, Vodka & Lemon Sorbet)

I just couldn't get him out of that water...



So I decided to do a little shopping.

The original Jackie O Sandals made especially for me by Costanzo.
Only 55 Euro!

And for a little bit of bling, I decided to splurge for these puppies!

Isn't that tile floor cool? That's our terrace patio.
BTW, I am going to get the blingy brand for the stores in the Spring since Costanzo doesn't wholesale!



Now, to cap it all off, a little bit of Jackie O.
We were lucky enough to see the photography exhibit at the Qvisisana Hotel Gallery.
Jackie O. loved Capri, but who wouldn't?

What's kind of crazy is that my Mom used to look like her when she was younger and when I look at this photo it totally reminds me of her!!!

Barefoot chic in an amazing dress.


Ciao Bella!

4 comments:

  1. An amazing post from beginning to end...what a beautiful trip! thanks for sharing! i wanna go!!!!...and wear those sandals, now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. LOVE. I want to go to, eat in and shop CAPRI. Great pictures. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....great story, so inspiring!~~~~xo L

    ReplyDelete
  4. your post was so beautiful and inspiring in every way. i feel like recreating your trip today in my own little beach town. now if i could just get that gorgeous tan to go with those sandals.....

    ReplyDelete